Friday, February 17, 2012

Weekend Wanderings: Perth bloggers

On Sunday, I'll be hosting a Nuffnang-sponsored meet-up in Kings Park (home to these gorgeous flowers!) for a bunch of Perth bloggers who I (mostly) have met through my blogging courses or freelance writing work - plus a couple who I've known online for a while but have never had the chance to meet in person.

Perth might be the world's isolated city, but the beauty of the internet means that bloggers can be read by people the world over, and there are plenty of Perth bloggers who've gained worldwide success. I love that equalising effect of the internet.

Happily for me, a number of the bloggers attending my meet-up are travel bloggers, or bloggers who write about their hometown (equally interesting for travellers!). Equally happily, there are other bloggers with interests in all kinds of diverse topics, because who wants to read about travel ALL the time? (Most of the time is enough for me!)

I've invited my Perth bloggers to link up their blogs as part of this weekend's Weekend Wanderings. If you're curious about what kind of blogs are coming out of Perth (and south-west Western Australia, to be accurate!), then take a click through and see what you can find! Likewise, if you're a Perth blogger who I don't know (or who couldn't make it to our meet-up) and would like to add your blog to the list, please feel free!

4 comments:

  1. Yippee! looking forward to Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Should be heaps of fun to be able to chat about blogs without getting those quizzical looks from non-bloggers ...

      Delete
  2. We love your Weekend Wanderings in Perth. Continue the great job of unifying the travel bloggers :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...