Friday, November 11, 2011

Weekend Wanderings: Animals, animals, animals

Ooh! 11/11/11 today - what an auspicious date! However, this edition of Weekend Wanderings will not, I'm afraid, be centred on auspicious dates. Instead, it's inspired by a topic my small boy just can't get enough of at the moment: animals. His current obsession (though he loves all animals) is gibbons, and the lovely Perth Zoo receives many visits from us for chats with the friendly gibbons.

So this week, I'm looking for your animal-related posts for our link-up fun. This might be a zoo or wildlife park you've visited, some animals you've come across in the wild, or even your very own pets at home. Of course, cute animal pictures are particularly welcome.

And while I'm also developing a very soft spot for gibbons, my heart really belongs to the underdog of Australian animals, the wombat. Earlier this year I blogged about my luck in being able to hug a wombat, so that's my contribution to this round of Weekend Wanderings.

You can link-up your post below (read the guidelines for Weekend Wanderings if you need) and share the joy by visiting some of the other animal posts you'll find (please leave a comment and tell them I sent you!). Get to it - I am ready to get my full fix of animal cuteness plus a few quiet moments while I show your animal photos to the small boy!

9 comments:

  1. Nice pics. According to my parents my sister called me a wombat from when I was born until I was able to run around and play with her. So I agree, wombats are cool.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! A great reason to agree with my opinion on wombats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something lovable about the dear old wombat. Did you know there is a book called "1851 - The Year of the Wombat" to describe all the bigevents in Britain in that year - including the first public showing of a wombat, apparently ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how adorable! I can imagine that a wombat on display in Britain back then must have been a rather strange thing to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice pic you took there. Thanks a lot for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I don't think I'd carry that wombat. I'm still quite jumpy around animals :) Love how the gibbon is just chilling by the window. Like, "what's up?!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lola, I think if you met this wombat you would change your mind! She's just a big teddy bear really! (I think she just had her tenth birthday too do she's not really up to doing anything much more than cuddling!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love animals too, whenever I visit some place like zoo, I always with my camera and take some photos. Anyway, the gibbons are nice! :')

    ReplyDelete
  9. True, Jacinthe - we love the gibbons!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...