Friday, August 12, 2011

Weekend Wanderings: Islands we love

This weekend, Not A Ballerina's Weekend Wanderings link-up is on again. Since I've been using a few spare minutes this week to plan our upcoming trip to Tasmania, Australia's only island-state, I thought that the theme for this weekend should be islands. Any post that you can vaguely relate to being about an island is fair game. If you haven't played before, check the Weekend Wandering rules, and tell all your bloggy friends to come over and join in.

My island link-up post is not about some far-flung tropical island holiday - in fact, I've had far too few of those! - but about a tiny island in the middle of Sydney Harbour. A couple of years back we went camping on Cockatoo Island and found it just so incredible that we could sleep in a tent in the middle of one of the most scenic harbours in the world (and not pay the earth for it). Definitely a highly-recommended experience if you're passing through Sydney (or, indeed, if you live there!).

Early morning view from Cockatoo Island, Sydney Harbour
So, get linking, I'm looking forward to reading your island posts - and in particular the tropical paradise kind of island so I can do some vicarious travel. Go to it!





This linky list is now closed.

2 comments:

  1. I think I stretched the island theme a little....Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL your pics look very islandy and after all, Australia is an island!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...