Monday, June 13, 2011

Picture pirouette: Basel's wall of plates


With my sister-in-law and her family living in the pretty city of Basel, Switzerland, I've visited often and been shown a number of the more unusual sights. This one still rates as a favourite: it's a wall of plates. Nobody can tell me anything about the what or why, but I guess it just is what it is, a wall covered in white plates, some of them painted. The tree's shadow is my own personal artistic touch!

This kind of street art fascinates me, although I've started regretted not having a huge wedding. Then I might have been given enough dinner sets that I could start my own wall of plates!

3 comments:

  1. Great image. Nice touch with the shadow as well.

    The Wanderfull Traveler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Public arts are generally underappreciated but I think they deserved to be single out for the fact that they are so inclusive, for everyone's enjoyment and a point for further discussion or rumination. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Murissa, thanks! Photography is something I wish I was better at but don't spend much time practising (it's on the "one day" list!!)

    @ Mila - I totally agree. I must dig through my folders and find some other public arts pics I know I have.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...