Friday, April 22, 2011

T-shirt travel: Cricket in Amsterdam


This old, worn T-shirt (almost seven years old, I see now) is a souvenir from a rather unusual trip. I was living in Germany at the time, heard that Australia was playing in a short one-day cricket tournament in, of all places, Amsterdam, and drove over there for the weekend.

The Dutch, more than any other continental Europeans, do know a thing or two about cricket and it has quite a following, which is why Australia, India and Pakistan all converged on Amsterdam for the week. But not all Dutch understand cricket: I'll always remember the man behind me who must have been constantly explaining the (rather complicated) rules to his friend. He was speaking Dutch, but every third or fourth word was familiar to me: "over", "wicket", "LBW" - the list of untranslatable cricket jargon went on and on.

Anyway, for readers who do have an understanding of cricket, I'd just like to point out the beauty of this T-shirt in case you miss it: tulip wickets. Love it.

2 comments:

  1. "I'd just like to point out the beauty of this T-shirt in case you miss it: tulip wickets. Love it." - Cool! It's been 7 years already. The t-shirt has really great designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it. It's starting to unravel though ...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...