Friday, April 08, 2011

Around Australia in a van: Barossa Valley, wine and our van


Our first significant interstate stop on our journey around Australia was in the Barossa Valley. Back then, it was the most famous wine-growing region we knew - these days, our own Margaret River region gives it a great run for its money. Given that my parents are rather fond of a drop of good wine now and again, I imagine we did spend a little time at vineyards, but my disinterested 12-year-old brain didn't store these memories!

The picture above finally gives you a good view of our campervan, our home for two months across Australia (oh, and our washing line!). This caravan park in Nuriootpa was, like nearly everywhere we stayed across Australia, clean, friendly, and surprisingly green.


And inside our van, we enjoy another good meal ... and I don't think that's only grape juice in the glass in front of my mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...