Thursday, October 14, 2010

Volunteer for the World Cup in Australia (fingers crossed!)


My love for the World Cup (the FIFA/soccer/football version, that is) has been well documented on this blog, so it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that I have already registered my interest to be a volunteer if the tournament does get down to Australia in 2022.

And now, to do my bit for the bid - apparently it "looks good" if you've already got heaps of people interested in helping out, which makes sense - I'm going to tell you all to volunteer, too! Since it's all hypothetical at this stage (and really, who knows where one might be in twelve years' time ...) just imagine that you are either still living in Australia, have moved here, or decided to take a holiday here to coincide with the FIFA World Cup. Then just hope over to the volunteer registration form and sign up. Easy!

And in case you're wondering, the photo is of my balcony in Germany when the World Cup was held there in 2006. Yes, I was probably the only person in the whole town of 100,000 plus who hung an Australian flag off their balcony. And yes, I was proud! (And we did really well that time round, too.) Go Socceroos!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...