Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chocolate travels in Perth: Now just round the corner

Do you know how long it's been since I mentioned chocolate on this blog? Almost three months. Can you believe it? I know, it's really a travel blog, but to be able to travel you have to eat, and the best food in the world is chocolate. That's why it's time for some more chocolate travel tips, okay?

So, the big excitement for me is that this year, the fantastic Chocolateria San Churro franchise made its way into Perth. Of course, I don't mean this in a selfish I-want-to-eat-chocolate kind of way, but rather a valuable-addition-for-tourists way. There are now San Churros in Fremantle, Subiaco, Leederville, and most recently just down the road from me at the Hillarys Boat Harbour. (Oh, and these are just the ones I know about. Maybe they are on almost every corner now!).

Anyway, my point is that so far, I actually haven't eaten/drunk at this very conveniently located neighbourhood San Churro. I have been too busy writing, training, writing, taking care of baby, writing, and so on, too busy to go for a thick Spanish hot chocolate. Not too busy to write about it, obviously. But if you're visiting Perth soon, please take pity on me and drag me down to Hillarys for a San Churro trip. I'll be forever grateful.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,
    I'm an American who lives in Chocolatetown USA...Hershey, Pennsylvania. I love chocolate and I also love Australia. I just finished reading "In a Sunburned Country," googled Bill Bryson, and found your blog. I was in Perth/Freo for the millennium celebration. You live in a beautiful corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! A real, live Hershey-ite!! I'm so jealous ... To be honest I prefer Swiss or Belgian chocolate to Hersheys but I often think of it, as I have a cap I bought at the Hershey shop in New York and it's the most comfortable cap to wear when I go out walking! Oh dear, now I'm craving chocolate *again* ...
    By the way, glad you like our little corner of the world - most people don't make it this far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi amanda! just checking out your blog a bit more...i'll call it 'research'. anyway glad that chocolate features and anytime you want to indulge in San Churros and want company...I'm there for you! any location, anytime!
    rach

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I will absolutely take you up on that!! Yes for some strange reason chocolate often seems to feature in my writing ... can't imagine why :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...