Tuesday, October 12, 2010

25 years ago in Europe: Fun for kids in Tivoli, Copenhagen


As a child, I loved Copenhagen. And this is why: Tivoli. What I've just discovered is the second oldest amusement park in the world. If I remember rightly it was about to close for the winter when we arrived in Copenhagen, and I'm glad we were just in time. I wonder what it's like to visit Tivoli as an adult - I hope I'll get to find out one day.


Unless you count the tiny amusement parks Perth used to have when I was a kid, Tivoli was the first "proper" such place I'd been to. Us Aussie kids always dreamt of going to Disneyland, but I didn't get there until I was in my twenties - Tivoli therefore remained my model of park fun for many years. Thanks for the good memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...