Thursday, September 09, 2010

Web pirouette: Cathedrals, ice cream and The Big Issue


This blog's been a little quiet while I've been away travelling in Europe for a month - after all, a travel writing life can't be all writing, can it! I spent the time visiting all my in-laws in various parts of Germany and Switzerland, eating far too much and having a ball - although not exactly enjoying summer weather, but that's Europe for you. If you want a good summer, you have to come to Perth instead! However, I have managed a few publications recently, including the following:
  • I've already started writing up some of the articles that will come out of the trip, including talking about my visit to Cologne Cathedral at Europe a la Carte.
  • A new site I'm working for, Perth Walkabout, has just launched and one of my articles is up already, talking about the place I usually get my Sunday afternoon ice cream - Hillarys Boat Harbour, and the various dining options that exist there.
  • As I often try to do, I've been encouraging my readers to pick up a copy of The Big Issue from a vendor on the streets of Perth. For all those people who don't contribute to charities because they think the money doesn't get to the people who need it - Big Issue sellers get half of it straight away, so you know you are helping a real living, breathing person who needs it. And who will thank you for it. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.
  • And just to show I'm not all travel and fun, I'm still writing about mortgages, too, partly because it's actually interesting and partly because it helps pay the mortgage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...