Thursday, April 22, 2010

T-shirt travel: Seasonal Hunter Valley Gardens


It's okay, I'm well aware that it's now nowhere near Christmas time. Actually, I'm quite grateful for that. But that won't stop me parading a Christmas/travel T-shirt.

You might recall a couple of Christmases ago that I holidayed in the Hunter Valley region of New South Wales and one of the highlights was a day (and a night, in fact - we returned in the evening for their special Christmas lights) at the Hunter Valley Gardens.

Turns out I can literally say I've been there, done that, and got the T-shirt. Actually if I remember rightly we visited just after Christmas, and so these T-shirts were available for, let's say, a very special price.

Just for the record, as I write this I realise that I rather like visiting gardens when I'm travelling. It's always relaxing, you usually learn something, and even if there are a lot of people there, gardens are usually large enough that they don't feel crowded. The Botanic Gardens in central Sydney are like that - you can see the Opera House but you can't see crowds. And New York's Central Park is a huge garden in the middle of a jam-packed city. Anyone else got a favourite set of gardens they can recommend? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...