Monday, March 22, 2010

T-shirt travel: Japanese restaurant advertising, I think


I had some weird T-shirts when I lived in Japan. Most of them had atrocious grammar or invented word, and I wore them because they made me giggle. But this T-shirt was a gift from one of my students. I've worn it often (mostly outside Japan) without really knowing what it's all about. Perhaps one of my readers will enlighten me?

As far as I can work out, I've been advertising some kind of noodle restaurant. Maybe one in Kanagawa? I really don't know, and I know it's on a par with Westerners wearing T-shirts featuring Chinese or Japanese characters without knowing what they mean, and I apologise for my ignorance. But hey, ignorance is half the fun of travelling, right?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe this place: http://r.gnavi.co.jp/fl/en/g899902/ ?

    Your blog is very interesting, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's amazing!! Now one day I'll have to go to that restaurant (although not sure I can wear the T-shirt, it's getting old). Thanks for finding it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...