Saturday, March 06, 2010

Picture pirouette: Pineapple mountains in Vietnam


Pineapple lovers, start drooling: not only is this a huge pile of pineapples, I can personally vouch for the fact that they were sweet, juicy, and generally the most delicious pineapple I'd ever tasted. On a day trip out along the Mekong Delta in southern Vietnam, perhaps an hour or two out of Ho Chi Minh City, I got to taste this local product and I couldn't get enough!

FYI, I did take a kind of tour to do this, but it was cheap and locally-run and managed - I just signed up once I'd got to HCMC. You know I'm no tour fan, but in Vietnam it seemed they had a bit of an industry for backpacker-friendly tours, to do the kinds of things (travel by small boat along the Mekong, for example) which would be difficult to organise otherwise. Just so you know, I'm not a completely anti-tour snob!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...