Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day travel dreams

Happy Valentine's Day to all you romantics out there ... and let me take this opportunity to fantasize about my ideal romantic holiday.

My travelling style isn't exactly suited to romantic getaways - I'm not one to settle down in a luxury hotel room or resort and chill out with my other half, because I'd just get so restless, wanting to go out and see or experience something new - the lying around relaxing is something I can do at home.

If I try to name a past romantic holiday, I guess I'd go for our trip to Paris when Jan proposed to me. There were plenty of romantic moments, but also plenty of exploring, traipsing the Parisian streets and general travelling nosiness.


So, now I'll seriously try to fantasize about a romantic holiday ... I guess it should be somewhere on the water, somewhere we can swim, and a place where there's not too much to do so we can relax in a guilt-free way amidst a bit of looking around. Somewhere like the Maldives could be a go - lots of snorkelling and swimming during the day, nice resort meals at night. Perhaps even some of Queensland's islands would fit the bill for this kind of holiday, too. Alternatively, if someone sprung for a luxury hotel in a fascinating city like Paris or New York, I could make that romantic too.

But to be honest, I'd much rather grab a backpack and head into the middle of Morocco or take a train across China. I guess I'm just not that much of a romantic.

Help me out here: What's your idea of a romantic holiday? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks to muha for the Maldives pic, via Flickr/Creative Commons

2 comments:

  1. Valentine's Day travel dream would be to go to some exotic place like Caribbean island to have a romantic and enchanting vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I disagree with the Caribbean Island idea. It's way too predictable.

    Romance is all about the unique factor and the originality. You don't wanna go to a place that everybody will think of when they'll plan their honey moon or their valentine's day vacation. You wanna go to a place where it's significant for the two of you. You need to think outside the box.

    I'm not the romantic kind either, but when I think of a good place to spend time with my lover, I think about trekking in Iceland, or walking beside the Mekong in Laos. Anything that reflects our personality.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...