Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's resolutions on travel and travel writing


Over at my Becoming A Fiction Writer blog, I make a big deal every year about my New Year's resolutions for fiction writing, and try my hardest to stick to them (usually failing at some and succeeding at others). But I've just realised that Not A Ballerina doesn't have a post on goals for 2010, being a real goal-loving gal, I think it needs some.

So, without further ado, let me make some solemn promises for what I'll achieve during 2010:
  • I'll bring you a year-long series of posts on travelling through Europe - and they'll be historical posts. It's 25 years ago that my parents took my sister and I on our first big travelling adventure, six months in a campervan around Europe. That trip obviously did a lot to encourage my travel addiction, and I'll be recreating some of the best moments - complete with slightly embarrassing photographs!
  • I'll get more in-depth into some of my favourite destinations - you know, the places that I always say "I'll tell you more about this soon" and only manage to in dribs and drabs. In no particular order, this will include countries like Tunisia, Poland, Vietnam and Finland, and of course more about my great home state of Western Australia.
  • I'll increase the readership of Not A Ballerina, both by increasing the quantity and quality of posts and by doing some more marketing - so there'll be more comments, more interaction and maybe the odd contest, too.
Is there anything you especially want to see on Not A Ballerina in 2010? Let me know in the comments. And in the meantime, I wish you a happy and successful 2010 - I hope you achieve your goals too.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your adventures in the past and look forward to more ;-)

    Have a wonderful and travelicious 2010!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...