Friday, December 25, 2009

German decorations (and me) wish you a Merry Christmas


I'm sure last Christmas was just five minutes ago, but somehow, it's time to wish my readers a Merry Christmas once again. This - reindeer, elk, I'm not sure - is part of my husband's great collection of German Christmas decorations - a massive improvement on the tinsel and plastic baubles I used to have.

I think I probably lament every year that Christmas is really something for the northern hemisphere, and yet again I'm stuck in the southern one for a summery celebration. It's beach sand instead of snow, and air conditioners instead of log fires, but it's still Christmas and I'll still enjoy it.

What's your ultimate Christmas travel fantasy? To be honest, I've already fulfilled mine with my Christmas trip to northern Finland, and I'm not sure anything could beat it, but perhaps a secluded cabin in the Swiss Alps with all my favourite people would go close. But in the meantime I'll accept that lazing by the pool is a pretty nice alternative. Happy holidays, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. But what about the German Christmas food? Any cartoon characters around?

    http://unexpectedtraveller.wordpress.com/2009/12/17/christmas-in-germany/

    The Unexpected Traveller

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...