Saturday, March 21, 2009

Picture pirouette: Spring's sprung in the northern hemisphere

The web seems full of "spring has sprung" messages this week - for fairly obvious reasons, even if it is autumn where I live instead - so my time at the Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands has come back to me. Tulips make me think of two things: my Mum, who would count these as her favourite flowers, and my Dad singing "Tiptoe Through the Tulips". Okay, three things, because I also think of seeing tulips across the Netherlands. Aren't they gorgeous? These ones look almost fake to me, but I know they're real because I saw them in Keukenhof and photographed them myself.

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I sent my family tulip bulbs from Amsterdam last year. This variety is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice gift idea! Bet they loved them. I couldn't believe how many different kinds of tulips were there - really blew me away and I took *so* many photos!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...