Saturday, November 22, 2008

Picture pirouette: Kiyomizu Temple, Kyoto

Inspired by Vagabondish's regular Photo of the Moment and Nomadic Matt's Weekly Photo, plus a hard drive full of photos gathered since I first got a digital camera eight years ago, I've decided it's time for Not A Ballerina to have a regular photo segment too. So let me introduce the first picture pirouette (I just can't bear to leave the ballerina theme, even though I'm so clearly against ballerinas ...):


Kiyomizudera Temple in Kyoto
Taken in 2002, this is the Kiyomizu temple in Kyoto, Japan, at cherry blossom season. Kiyomizudera is famous for its "light-up" - Japanese-English for illumination or light show, I guess, and to be honest I'm not sure if they're still doing this. In any case, as well as being beautifully-lit they also have this stark blue beam of light guiding everyone towards the temple. It's an absolutely gorgeous place to visit, and especially so at cherry blossom time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...