Saturday, November 29, 2008

Picture pirouette: German countryside in summer


Winter's starting up in Germany now, but there's a summer mood where I am in Perth, which is perhaps why these photos I took during a German summer caught my eye today. In the countryside around Heilbronn, it's usually rare to find yourself in any way "alone" - compared to Australia, the south-west of Germany is pretty densely populated. But we made a special effort and spent a scorching afternoon in the fields taking photographs. These pictures really remind me of living outside a big city for the first time in my life.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks GirlonTour, glad you like them. I like your new-look blog too, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went through all your posts about Germany. Awesome stuff for me as a German who set out to travel the world. Great to see that others like your homecountry (my first travel blog was called "aussie oi oi oi" - now have a guess what country became my favorite ;-) ).

    So thanks for those great posts. I'm quite happy that I stumbled upon you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sascha, I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed my posts on Germany, there'll be more too in the future! And also glad to hear you have a soft spot for Australia, too. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...