Friday, August 22, 2008

Web pirouette: Flashpacking to Peru and beyond

So many stories, so little time to tell you about them. Here we go:
  • A slightly serious and somewhat distressing write-up about how us Aussies are almost eco-terrorists because when we travel, we travel so far ... at Jaunted.
  • Daydreaming of heading to Machu Picchu, which has been on my list for much longer than it's been cool, and now I can stay nearby in style at Cusco's boutique hotel ... at HotelChatter.
  • And if I do stay at such a place rather than the rundown hostel I'm more accustomed to, that makes me a flashpacker ... at Vagabondish.
  • Looking back on a stay in Hungary: I realised I'm still hopelessly in love with the Heviz thermal baths (and especially their water lilies) ... at Europe A La Carte.
  • Beyond travel writing: my second novel is slowly taking shape and hopefully the buddy system will help me keep it on track ... at Becoming A Fiction Writer.

PS: Don't you love this message I found on a wall in Melbourne? Katrina and I decided it should be our motto for life.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing travel background!! I came across your blog in searching for some tips on how on earth is the best way to plan a European vacation with my two boys. We have three weeks and my son (who rents travel DVD's every week from the library on different countries) has three top picks which are Ireland, Scotland and Greece. An interesting combo at best coming from Canada. I know that's a lot to stretch into three weeks but do you have any tips on where one should fly into first and any other places that are must sees while there?

    Karen, the travel newbie from Canada :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...