Wednesday, July 16, 2008

From Merredin to Melbourne


After a long at-home hiatus I've finally been getting on trains lately and later today will hit the airport, too. Last weekend was an overnighter to the Western Australian wheatbelt town of Merredin: just because it's there (and so was my other half, for work). It was fantastic to get into the open space of the Aussie bush again and I was treated to a very ... well, edible meal, at the Merredin Palace Chinese Restaurant (pictured). Their menu boldly proclaimed it served "the ultimate in Chinese cuisine" but I think a few Chinese I know might be slightly offended by this claim. Nonetheless, I've got more to say about Merredin in a future post.

And while their names might be similar, my next trip to Melbourne couldn't be more different to my Merredin excursion. I'll have a week to catch up with old friends, revisit my favourite spots and see what else has changed in Melbourne in the eight or so years since I've been there. Tea, chocolate and the Melbourne Travel Writers Festival are all likely to appear high on the list of stuff I talk about post-Melbourne.

5 comments:

  1. That's wonderful!! Never knew there are other Melbourne writers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I love reading your stuffs. I find it very simple yet there is a sense of sophistication in the way you express. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda!

    I love your blog and also your entries over at Vagabondish! I especially like your post recent post called 7 Tips for Enjoying a Small Town Stopover.

    A lot of travel writers post their stories over at Viscape.com. Right now, Viscape is holding a contest where every entry (up to the first 1,000 reviews) is entered into a chance to win an all expenses paid trip to Key West or Belize as a travel writer.

    I'd love it if you would write a review for the site. While you're at it, I'd love it if you'd add me as a friend on the site at www.viscape.com/users/ibleedwords.

    Cheers,
    Theresa

    PS: You can check out the travel writer contest info on my blog at http://www.freelancingguru.blogspot.com (left hand side of the page) or on the Viscape site at http://blog.viscape.com/2008/05/be-a-travel-writer-contest/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanada! come back!!! update! update!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...