Thursday, April 10, 2008

Newsflash: Travel writers can write about music, too!

This blog might usually be about travel writing, but now and again I head to a market that's not about hoping a jet to exotica or rambling a disused backpackers' trail. Recently I've been able to earn a crust writing in a completely different area - music.

I have an odd kind of relationship to music. Mostly, it's lyrics that excite me - after all, as my husband always tells me, I'm a "words girl". But in the right mood, I can listen to anything: heavy metal, German hip-hop, opera (you know that bit from the movie Philadelphia ... gets me every time), and I'm steadily building a real addiction to jazz.

In any case, a new website that needed writers to build start-up content intrigued me, and I've done some work over at JamsBio, a site with the interesting concept of combining sales of music (via iTunes or Amazon) with first person memories related to individual songs. You can read a bunch of my music memories here. It was a lot of fun, and nice to write about something different for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...