Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Action in the land of travel blogging

All good things come in threes, right? (Perhaps bad things do too, but let's be optimistic). That's probably why there were three exciting bits of news in my travel blogging world this week:
  1. SFO Media, which publishes both Jaunted and HotelChatter, making it my major online employer, has been bought by CondeNet who, among a million other things, are part of the company which publish the gorgeous Condé Nast Traveler magazine. Not sure what that'll mean for the future of us bloggers, yet, but so far, nothing bad. It might even be great!
  2. One of my newer gigs, you might recall, is writing weekly for Travel-Rants in the UK, and this site just won a Travolution Award for being the best UK Travel Consumer blog.
  3. And didn't you know ... Vagabondish got bought out by the Travel Channel ... except it was on 1 April =) No, the real #3 is that this week, for the very first time, someone in my "real world" actually referred to me as a blogger, and understood that I get paid real money for it that pays the mortgage. Having a job that nobody except my family really understands can get frustrating at times, so it was a real treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...