Friday, January 18, 2008

Web pirouette: Radishes, sailing ships and Icelandic nerds

Just like these radishes (from my garden!), I've been growing a bunch of stories this week too. Here are some of my favourites:
  • I wrote up our recent Fremantle excursion for Suite 101 with Sail the Leeuwin in Australia
  • At Vagabondish I've had two pieces published in the last week or so: one about being All Traveled Out and another with 5 Ways to Stay Healthy on the Backpacker's Road
  • As a lover of the Estonian language (mostly because it's deliciously incomprehensible to me) I was excited to learn about a language beauty contest being run by the Estonian government
  • But I was a bit shocked to learn that some American UFO enthusiast group has decided Uluru, our beautiful monolith in the middle of Australia, was some kind of spaceship where human-like aliens came to earth
  • And not from me, but from one of my favourite blogs, the Iceland Express "How Do You Like Iceland?" blog: I really have to visit because they said that Nerds are Cool in Iceland.

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for the link to my article.

    Iceland is going to LOVE you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,

    I checked all your blogs. You are a talented writer!

    Why don't you write up an episode about cross-cultural mishaps? I might put together a story collection.
    Good luck with your novel.
    Anna Steegmann
    (back in New York by Sunday)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda- WOW looking for a fellow ballerina's blog I came accross yours! Then for a fluke I was showing my husband blogger, hit the NEXT BLOG button and WOW it was yours. I think it's a sign we need to be friends LOL!

    Checked out your other blogs as well and you are a talented photographer...I love all your pictures! My blog is on private but send me your email and you have a new blog pal from Salt Lake City, the OTHER Olympic city!

    Have a fab week!
    Molly aka. Ballerina Gurl

    ReplyDelete
  4. ballerinagurl@mac.com btw is my email associated w/blogger :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...