Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thanks Andrew from Geelong!

Every New Year, I still get a few cards from Japan, where it's customary to send "Happy New Year" greetings to everyone you know. This time round, the card from my favourite family went astray and just arrived a couple of days ago.

The nice thing is that it arrived because a guy named Andrew in Geelong (eastern Australia) rescued it, put it in a new envelope and posted it on to me. It had arrived stuck to a card he'd received from Osaka and instead of just throwing it out, he sent it on. I was so pleased! I don't know more than his name and city, but if you're out there, Andrew, then thank you very much!

2 comments:

  1. I am a reporter with the Geelong Advertiser and interested in writing a story about what happened with your card.
    If you could get in touch with me that would be great and we'll see if we can find Andrew.
    Kind regards,
    Britt Smith
    britt.smith@geelongadvertiser.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog.
    I was surprised.
    I thank Andrew from the bottom of my heart.
    Thank you for writing.
    I'll keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...