Sunday, November 04, 2007

Web pirouette: Fears, flying and fun parks

Summer is coming and I've been out in the garden half the weekend; I've even got a week off from teaching next week so I can get into the holiday feel a bit. Which, of course, makes me dream about travelling even more. At Vagabondish this week I wrote an article about being anxious before a trip, Confessions of a Seasoned Backpacker: Overcoming Your Pre-Trip Fears - I was chuffed when Brave New Traveler listed it in their Best of the Week post.

I've also been writing about India's budget airline SpiceAir, and a few days late for my Dad's stay in New Zealand, discovered the Treetops Lodge in Rotorua (sorry, Dad!). I was also amazed to learn that if you fly into New York (and are rich) you can get a helicopter transfer to Manhattan. And I plugged Australia to the American market with a piece on all the theme parks on the Gold Coast, although I'm not a big fan of them myself. And finally, I'm creating a mini-community of Americans who used to live in Heilbronn, the German town I lived in until last year: people who served at the army base there keep commenting on my Visiting Heilbronn article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...