Thursday, October 04, 2007

Liveability scores: Perth is #4


I've been known to complain occasionally about living in Perth, feeling as I do that it's about 17,000km too far from the rest of the world (or at least Europe), but I do know that it's a good place to live, really. Results of the latest liveability rankings from the Economist Intelligent Unit came out recently, and what do you know: Perth is in the top 10 again.

In fact, Australia scores rather well for a not-very-populated, far-away country, as the liveability ranking takes many factors into account, including stability, healthcare, culture, environment, education, and infrastructure. Canada and Switzerland are also good choices - what surprises me a little is New Zealand doesn't make an appearance. The full top 10 looks like this:
  1. Vancouver (Charlotte, why don't you get back there?)
  2. Melbourne (Good choice Jules)
  3. Vienna (no wonder I've visited it a dozen times)
  4. Perth (enough said)
  5. Toronto
  6. Adelaide
  7. Sydney
  8. Copenhagen
  9. Geneva
  10. Z├╝rich

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...