Sunday, September 02, 2007

Web pirouette: Western Europe and fish'n'chips

A long rainy winter's brought about a bit of an "I wish I was back in Europe" reaction, and my best response is to write about it constantly. From the Minack Theatre in Cornwall to Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia and Park Guell in Barcelona, and from sightseeing in French Strasbourg to memories of my previous homeland Germany like the Frankfurt Book Fair, the Reichstag in Berlin and hiking in Hohenzollern, and from Sainte Chapelle in Paris to the tulips of Keukenhof in the Netherlands, I've been having a bit of a western European month.

But I'm still on location in Perth, and I think spring is here. What's a little scary is that with summer still a long way off, I've already eaten my double my usual annual dose of fish'n'chips thanks to a couple of excursions with my students: yet I still haven't had them at my favourite spot, Fremantle's Cicerello's. A trip there is definitely one of my spring resolutions, along with getting back into photography, reading more books and blogging more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...