Saturday, June 09, 2007

Web pirouette: Metro art, neon and hotel swans

Instead of travelling, I'm trying to do a few grown-up things like buy a house. Luckily I can still escape the paperwork piles by writing about a few exotic destinations:
  • Travelling underground in Moscow is not just a matter of getting from A to B: the metro stations are more like art galleries.
  • Studying for my kanji test this week got me dreaming about life back in Osaka - that's the Dotonbori Bridge neons you can see below.


  • Once upon a time in Venice, I took a memorable gondola ride: just like everybody should
  • Ever stayed at a hotel where the housekeeping staff have enough creativity (and time) to fold your towels into the shape of elephants or swans? I haven't, but I got to report on one this week.
  • Speaking of hotels ... I loved this hostel in Ljubljana that used to be a prison - and still has bars on the windows. I never had the chance to stay there but I did go on the daily tour of the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...