Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Countries you can't travel to

Trawling the internet, as I do, just led me to a Wikipedia page about fictional countries. It's a list of names that writers have invented along with an entire nation and culture, all in the name of fiction (be it books, movies, TV series or whatever). It's a long list of delicious-sounding country names, all sounding so enticing, but we just can't visit them: or at least, only in our imaginations. Here are some of my favourites:
A friend told me the other day - when I complained about being "stuck in Perth" and unable to pop to Paris for the weekend - that she doesn't mind that anymore because she travels through reading books. Perhaps I need to think this way too, and looking at this list means that if I travel through books I can travel to even more than just the 200 odd "official" countries of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...