Friday, August 03, 2007

Web pirouette: Europe, Europe, Japan

On my plate this week:
  • I get hungry just thinking about the giant okonomiyaki I saw in Osaka.
  • My colleague's son just moved to Dresden, so we've been chatting about what a beautiful city it is.
  • In Switzerland, the Rheinfall waterfalls are famous for being the biggest in Europe.
  • I unpacked all my books this week and found Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey, which I'd read just before visiting Bath in England.
  • An interesting stop along the Trans-Siberian route is the city of Irkutsk.
  • Roman ruins are everywhere: like in this remote hill in western Tunisia near Dougga.
  • And the changing of the guard at Prague Castle beats the Buckingham Palace version for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...