Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Web pirouette: A volcano here, a colosseum there

Ain't the world wonderful? From what we've created over the years and what nature did without us, there really is an endless list of places to enjoy. This obvious fact has been in my brain this week, now that the New 7 Wonders contest has finished up, which named places like Machu Picchu and Rome's Colosseum as the 20th century list to match the ancient wonders. Now the New 7 Wonders of Nature hunt is on - I've already nominated Lake Baikal in Siberia.

In my own travel musings this week, I've been thinking of colosseums in Tunisia, lakes in Japan and even smoking volcanoes. Add activities like ice fishing in Finland and touring my hometown of Perth to the list and you've got a busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...