Friday, June 22, 2007

Web pirouette: Carry your wife and bless the tooth fairy

What I've been thinking and writing about this week is as varied as ever:
  • My Japanese students always know the Neuschwanstein castle in Germany - I'm still not sure if it really was the inspiration behind the Disneyland castle.
  • I caught part of an Anne Frank movie this week; this got me thinking about my visit to the Auschwitz and Birkenau camps as well as the (much less depressing) Anne Frank Museum in Amsterdam.
  • On a definitely more fun note, I've written a summary of attending a sumo tournament and raved about my favourite public space: Moscow's Red Square.
  • A date for the diary: Finland's Wife-Carrying Championships are coming up on July 7 (Jan refuses to enter with me)
  • Not from me - English speakers might not have realised that not all nations know about the tooth fairy. But in Britain, apparently the tooth fairy now hands out £20 million a year to British kids who lose their teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...