Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Web pirouette: Hotels, toilets and drains

My publications this week traverse the world, as I wish I could more often. But instead I'm learning about the world from my multinational students. And ...
  • I discovered a hotel in Bratislava that I can't wait to try out on my next visit, and another hotel closer to home in Albany that offers free cakes ...
  • Ever tropical and relaxed, the people on Okinawa live longer than anywhere else ... clever!
  • Colleagues of mine have been quizzing me on what toilets on the Trans-Siberian are like ...
  • Last weekend, Jan and I watched Eurovision 2007, and it was exactly the same as last year: I laughed a lot, and Jan got so annoyed by the "vote for your neighbours" problem (plus Germany's entry wasn't very special) ...
  • Not from me: Does the water in the southern hemisphere really drain in the opposite direction? I always thought it did, but this week's UK Times article on Great travel misconceptions reckons I'm wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nice Blog .I think HR understands the importance of other people tracking time--IT, Lawyers, non-exempt employees, but struggles with the idea of web time clock .

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...