Sunday, April 29, 2007

Travel is good for your health

I still can't quite believe that there are people in the developed world who don't take holidays and never go anywhere, but I accept that it's true ... and now articles are coming out saying that Americans (who have by far the lowest number of paid holidays year) are suffering from vacation deficit disorder.

Admittedly, I've spent more time travelling than the average Joe-from-anywhere, but I still don't understand that people don't see the obvious: you can't simply work all your life and expect to be happy and healthy. I'm totally convinced that not only do you need time for yourself, you must also spend some of it in other parts of the world, both to learn about your own needs and to open your mind to other ideas. New impressions maketh the man, I reckon. If you're American and reading this and you feel guilty about taking a holiday, just write to me. I can give you about 50 reasons why you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...