Tuesday, March 06, 2007

An afternoon with five novelists

In anticipation of an afternoon tea with five novelists as part of the Perth International Arts Festival, I’ve been furiously reading books like Marina Lewycka’s A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian, Liza Dalby’s Tale of Murasaki and Curtis Sittenfeld’s Prep, and just got hold of Aminata Forna’s Ancestor Stones a couple of days ago. Which were all fantastically worthwhile reads in themselves, and perfect preparation for my Sunday afternoon experience.

Each author read a few pages from one of their books, and answered questions posed by the moderator and the audience. How inspiring to more-or-less “meet” five successful novelists and to be reminded that they’re really normal people, making me feel that I, too, could do this.

Pic from morethanreal

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...