Monday, January 15, 2007

Muddled-up seasons

It's meant to be summer here Down Under, and yesterday we reached 38 degrees C, but right now I'm sitting in warm winter pyjamas listening to a howling wind outside. And when we spoke to Germany and Switzerland over the weekend, everybody complained that the temperatures were about 15 degrees higher than mid-winter should be. So if nature can't even get it right, it can't be so bad that I'm only telling you now about an autumn story I had published back in October. Check this out: The Great Grapevine Argument: Fall in the Southern German Vineyards, published in The Traveler.


But if you're really after a summer story, try Visiting Lake Baikal, one of my favourite summer places in Siberia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...