Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Making friends in Eastern Europe

I've probably said it before, and I'll say it again: the internet is a truly wonderful thing. During the week I spent wending my way from Germany through Singapore and back to Australia, I made a friend in Slovakia. Peter from Trnava (not far from Bratislava) commented on my blog post about Czech rotten cheese and from this initial contact, I could interview him for a Suite101 article, Day Trip to Trnava; and then he mentioned me in his own blog.

Speaking of Eastern Europe, I'm still working over at Suite101 as the Eastern Europe and Russia editor - this month read up on Cruising in Russia, what to do in the centre of Warsaw and check out what I think of publisher Bradt's guide to the Baltics.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    I am really pleased I've found such nice and kind and wonderful friend. Thank you!

    Peter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda
    Glad you see that you eventually made it back home to Australia. We both wish you well for the future, and if ever you feel minded to put pen to paper again for hidden europe magazine, then we'll be delighted to hear from you.
    All best wishes
    Nicky & Susanne
    www.hiddeneurope.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...