Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Legal aliens in New York


New York, New York, the Big Apple, City of Lights, and all the other cliches and catch phrases you can imagine: this city really is the capital of the world. The first couple of hours overwhelmed me a little but I soon got used to the criss-cross of streets and avenues and the shadows of the skyscrapers. Art in the Metropolitan and Whitney museums entranced us; always-on-TV public spots like Times Square, Central Park and Grand Central Station got our cameras snapping; and views from the Empire State Building and Staten Island made us truly realise how huge New York really is.

It’d take weeks and weeks to see all we wanted to in the Big Apple, so I have a feeling it won’t be our last visit. If nothing else, I have to get back into the New York Public Library. I’ve never seen so many wonderful books in the one place – a little piece of heaven for me.

1 comment:

  1. This must have been an awesome adventure to crawl all day and all night long through NJ City. You have seen so much well known places. Hope we can make it some time. But I am sure you two will get back. Did you find a nice place to stay for a couple of days?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...