Saturday, September 16, 2006

The beautiful names of Eastern Europe

Getting tongue-tied over impossible-to-pronounce names in Slovakia was an everyday affair when I lived there. But not all eastern European names are tricky, and over at my Eastern Europe and Russia Travel site, I'm polling readers this week about beautiful names of towns and cities in the region. Visit the site and you can place your vote, choosing between
  • Pamporovo (Bulgaria)
  • Ba┼íka (“bashka”, Croatia)
  • Saaremaa (Estonia)
  • Karlovy Vary (Czech Republic)
  • Ljubljana (“loobliyana”, Slovenia)
And while you're there, check out my blog and my recent articles discussing what to see in Kyiv, swimming in a cathedral in Hungary (see photo) or how to handle the confusing currencies of Eastern Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...