Thursday, July 06, 2006

Five years on

Check my passport - the one that's been cancelled because it was too full of stamps to be of any use - and you'll see I left Australia exactly five years ago for this strange new overseas life. The first two years saw me falling in love with Japan; who wouldn't when my daily scene included views like this temple near the train line to Nara. A year in Slovakia preceded two years in my current hometown of Heilbronn, Germany. Nearly everything about me and my life has changed in these incredible five years and now the circle is closing in some way: before the end of the year, Jan and I intend to move to Perth, Australia. It'll be culture shock time again, I'm sure: but I've survived moving to a new country three times already, so hopefully the magical Land of Oz will be survivable, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...