Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!


Go Socceroos! World Cup fever is way over boiling point here in Germany, and what better result for Australia than today's 3-1 win over Japan! Having lived in Japan for a couple of years, I did feel a bit of a pull, but not enough to swap my flag.

But it wasn't easy. I was teaching my trainee engineers and we cut our class short to watch the game on the big screen their company had set up in the canteen. I allowed this on the condition that we draped my big Aussie flag around us and barracked hard for the Aussies. But we were out of luck. The hour of the game we saw included a grand total of ZERO goals and my students went home thinking Australians were losers. Fifteen minutes later in the car on the way to my next appointment, I heard that in the 84th, 89th and 92nd minutes, the Socceroos had goaled. So now it's full steam ahead to our mammoth task against Brazil on Sunday. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!

1 comment:

  1. OK, so we didn't quite slip in a victory against Brazil on the weekend, but our performance was far from shameful. All fingers crossed, please, for Thursday's clash with Croatia. And on to the round of 16 for Australia!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...