Thursday, May 04, 2006

Black Forest Sunday



It's a beautiful part of Germany, but the locals were more than surprised to hear that back in Oz it's really only famous as the home of Black Forest Cake. Last weekend a sidetrip from Basel, Switzerland, had me wandering through the Schwarzwald by foot and car, dreaming of a creamy piece of torte. With recent rains, everything's greening up, but patches of snow kept it chilly.

But with the right weather, I'm sure hiking through the Black Forest could keep me busy for months. The Black Forest tourist office had the same idea and are promoting miles and miles of signposted paths - now they just need to add Black Forest Cake stalls to the map and I'll be there, hiking boots and walking sticks at the ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...