Thursday, April 13, 2006

Travel flashback: Easter in Paris


With the Easter weekend coming up – and my early Good Friday morning flight to London forcing me to pack and organise early – my thoughts have gone back to previous European Easter getaways, like last year’s trip to Barcelona. The year before my four-day weekend was spent in Paris, one of those cities I felt like I knew almost too well just from all the tourist hype.

Of course, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and Notre Dame Cathedral were graced with my presence, but what impressed me more was the unexpected beauty of St Chappelle. A gothic chapel with immense stained glass windows, I can still clearly remember sitting on a side bench gazing in mouth-open awe at the colours and light, trying to burn the image into my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...