Monday, March 20, 2006

Travel flashback: Bustling Barcelona

Easter fell in March last year and I grabbed the opportunity to spend a long weekend in Barcelona. If you’ve followed my architectural taste on this blog (think of Hundertwasser in Austria and Switzerland, or Moscow’s St Basil’s), then it’ll come as no surprise that the bizarre buildings of Antoni Gaudi tickled my fancy in Barcelona. The still-under-construction La Sagrada Familia was my birthday treat last year – some see a construction site, others a design disaster, but for me, this cathedral a colourful chaos built to wander in, up and around for hours. Sadly Gaudi was knocked down by a tram in 1926 and didn’t recover, leaving the completion of La Sagrada Familia still underway today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...