Monday, March 27, 2006

It all begins at 30 ...

Or so my email inbox has been telling me this week as my 30th birthday came and went. Scarily, a Google search on “turning 30” spat back hundreds of thousands of hits (for some reason, significantly more than “turning 40” did). Perhaps more worrying is that most of these hits concentrate on things you should do *before* you turn the big 3-0, like this top eight list. While this list mostly concentrates on the things I prefer not to think about, like considering retirement funds, I do at least score well on point 8: “Travel - to see something new and experience the adventures you'll be telling people about for the rest of your life”. Big ticks for me there.

All in all, the dreaded event was better than expected, and I can’t say I feel any different, although I do feel a little more aggressive with each person who jokingly points out my allegedly “new” wrinkles. I celebrated the big day with a bunch of multicultural friends at Lehner’s – German, Italian and Spanish friends feature in the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...