Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Surviving winter

You may have seen the particularly frosty weather in Russia on the TV in recent days: well, kind old Russia sent their weather westwards on to us. Already billed as a harsh winter, this week had me shivering in my multi-layers as I drove to work in minus 10 degrees – nearby areas even stretched down towards minus 20.

Of course that’s nothing if you think about some of the more northerly parts of Europe, like Finnish Lapland where I shook through a chilly holiday last Christmas. One of my favourite online travel newsletters, The Traveler, published my account of survival tips I learnt during my Finnish escapade, so check it out here - Lapland Winter: What the Finnish Army Taught Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...