Friday, December 02, 2005

Perth’s tourist icon: Kings Park


Prominent on postcards and often the first place mentioned when I meet foreigners who’ve visited Perth, huge Kings Park stretches over a hill perched right above the city centre, with views across the Swan River to the south of the city.

I make a point of exploring the park each time I stop by Perth, and there’s always something new for me. This time it was the treetop Walkway, a bridge and pathway on top of the eucalypt trees, and the nearby wildflower gardens. Banksias of a dozen varieties I’d never seen and massive patches of our most famous flower, the kangaroo paw, kept my camera busy.

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't got a photo of a Christmas spider yet, but I will. I bet there are stacks in Kings Park! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...