Thursday, December 29, 2005

Bathing at Bad Blumau

My obsession with Hundertwasser is something I’ve documented before – but this time it was in fact Zoe and Geoff who led me to Rogner-Bad Blumau, a thermal bath resort in southern Austria housed in spectacularly cool Hundertwasser buildings. We were blessed with the heaviest snowfall since the resort opened, so we could swim in 38 degree water in the Vulkania pool while snow settled atop our heads.

Even without special weather, this place has to be one of the most unique places I’ll ever stay. From its 2500 windows which all differ from each other in some way, through the winding, crooked corridors joining the various buildings, to the vibrant colours that magically never seem to clash with each other: it’s a place where I can finally condone spending your entire holiday within the confines of a resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...