Monday, August 08, 2005

Travel flashback: Red Sea, Egypt


A year ago this week we temporarily escaped Europe for a week of real summer at the Red Sea in Egypt. For the first time in our travelling history we stayed at a typical tourist resort complex, the Flamenco near Quseir, south of Hurghada.
There are definitely pros and cons to this kind of poolside holiday, and it’s not something we’d do too often – but it was truly relaxing. And being able to walk out a short jetty directly from the hotel to snorkel on this coral reef in the Red Sea was a perfect plus.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have pictures of snorkling? I've only gone snorkling a few times in Mexico but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I've never been to Mexico, Ashley, but would love to! Unfortunately I don't have any pics from the snorkelling - I didn't have a waterproof camera. Just lots of very good memories in my head! (now if only I could draw or paint ...!!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...